A look back at 2018 and what lies ahead for Velixo
As the year comes to an end, I would like to reflect on the past 12 months. 2018 was a pivotal year for Velixo and 2019 is already gearing up to be another very exciting year. Velixo Reports, our Excel-based reporting for Acumatica and MYOB Advanced has been at the forefront throughout this year and I’d like to give you a recap of the significant milestones we achieved:
- Two major versions: Velixo Reports Pro 2.0 launched early summer to a select set of customers and was the first version to include our unique Smart Drilldown feature. Velixo Reports Pro 3.0 launched in September and added many new features such as Offline Mode, support of Acumatica 2018 R2 and a completely new set of functions designed to work with the Acumatica Project Module and Construction Edition.
- Website and Marketing launch: some companies like to spend a lot on marketing and advertising even before they have something to sell. We wanted to be sure we had a great and well-tested product before doing anything. We had multiple customers but no proper website when 2018 started. Fast forward to now, Velixo has a nice customer and partner facing website and is also listed on the Acumatica Integrated Solutions Catalog and MYOB Add-On Centre.
- Product certification: Velixo has been certified by Acumatica and was awarded the prestigious “Customer Validated” badge, further strengthening our reputation for quality and high customer satisfaction.
Velixo Reports is an Acumatica-certified application and was also awarded the Customer Validated badge earlier this year.
- MYOB Advanced version: a specially-branded version of our product and website was released this fall for our friends in Australia and New Zealand. Businesses down under seem to be enjoying the product a lot: our top partner for 2018 is Kilimanjaro Consulting, based in Sydney Australia.
- Partnerships: we recruited many of the leading Acumatica and MYOB partners in United States, Canada, South Africa, France, and Australia. We only sell through partners and are thankful to them for their strong commitment to Velixo.
- Research and development: Velixo Reports 4.0 is right around the corner, and we also spent time researching and prototyping future products — we’re already thinking about 2020 and beyond!
- Countless webinars and partner trainings.
- Our first hires: we are building a completely distributed team. You can learn more about remote work here. If you want to be part of your growth feel free to show your interest by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My remote office in Antigua Guatemala where part of the development of Velixo Reports 4.0 was completed.
- Great coverage from our partners: Christian Lindberg, Acumatica’s Vice President, Partner Solutions wrote a blog post titled “How Acumatica + Velixo Makes Excel-Based Reporting a Breeze for the Modern CFO”, and some of our partners such as Axsys have published content to promote the product on their website.
- A steady stream of Acumatica-related consulting projects: Velixo Reports is quickly becoming our #1 revenue generator, but our involvement in the Acumatica and MYOB Advanced partner ecosystem goes beyond a single product or service. In 2018, a dozen projects of varying size and complexity were delivered.
- On a personal note, I was named Acumatica MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and participated as a guest speaker in last summer’s Virtual Developer Conference. A recording of the session I delivered is available on YouTube
- In 2019, you can expect to see Velixo make more significant investments in our product, business, and in growing our team, to serve the needs of our customers.
Looking back over this past year, Velixo has made significant strides. We have been focusing on scaling our business and delivering market-leading innovation to all of our customers. I’m grateful to everyone that has helped us along the way. We value our partnership with the Acumatica and MYOB partner communities and look forward to making 2019 an even more successful year with continued investments in our team, product, and overall business. Here’s what you should expect for the first quarter:
Velixo Reports 4.0: over the next few weeks I will be publishing a series of blog posts to highlight the features that will be included in our next version that will be released at the Acumatica Summit in January.
Sponsorships/Events: we are sponsoring the Acumatica Summit in Houston as well as the MYOB Enterprise Partner Conference in Noosa Australia. Make sure to visit our booth and ask for a demo of the new features.
- Partnerships: stay tuned for some very important partnership announcements.
- Finally, I’m honored to have the opportunity to speak before the Acumatica developers at the Summit on Tuesday, January 29. I’m hosting a breakout session entitled “Real-World Solutions to Real-Life Problems: A Tale of Three Development Projects”. Come say ‘Hi’ if you attend!