Year in Review: Velixo 2020 Highlights and What’s Next for 2021
This month marks the 3rd anniversary of Velixo Reports, and with the turn of year and holiday break, it’s always a good time for me to reflect on where we’ve been and more importantly where we are headed next.
While every year is special at Velixo, 2020 truly stands out. As a remote-first organization, we’ve spent the last few years building a truly distributed team and putting structures and systems in place that allow everyone at Velixo to reach their full potential. We were well prepared for the radical changes that occurred in 2020, and beyond ensuring the physical and mental well-being of the team we worked hard to support our partners and customers throughout these uncertain times.
Velixo’s top highlights of 2020
- Growth: the shift to remote work was the final nail in the coffin of legacy applications. Cloud-based solutions deliver flexibility, efficiency, continuity of operations, and help businesses worldwide embrace new ways to work and effectively participate in a connected world. It is no surprise solutions like Acumatica, MYOB Advanced and CEGID XRP Flex all enjoyed strong growth last year. Velixo, the best Excel reporting solution for cloud ERPs has been riding the wave as well with triple-digit customer growth and inroads into new countries like France, United Kingdom, Malta, Namibia, Indonesia, and even Papua New Guinea!
- Customer and Industry recognition: our team was honored with multiple awards in 2020, including the Acumatica Innovation and President’s Club Awards, a Developer MVP Award, and my personal favorite, the Best Costume Award, which I won at the Welcome Party of MYOB’s Enterprise Conference in Australia (the last event we attended before the pandemic started).
Last but not least, I would like to share a heartfelt thank you on behalf of the entire team for all the positive product reviews and success stories shared by our distinguished customers and partners. We can’t wait to see you all in person again!
- Constant Innovation: 2020 saw the release of Velixo 5, packed with over 25 enhancements, including the ability to access any Generic Inquiry from Excel (hi Tim!). As a user-centric organization, Velixo is always eager to hear from you and to make your work easier, and to further accelerate the pace of innovation we have introduced the Velixo Insider program last year. Insiders get exclusive access to new features and help shape the future of Velixo. If you want to become an insider, simply follow the instructions on the download page (note: you can switch back to the official release at any time).
- New Faces: I am pleased to announce many new additions to our distributed team – Sardor Shukurov, Pavel Kabir (you might have heard his pleasant British accent in some of the videos of our YouTube channel), Harry Lewis, and Manon Fleury. We’re still looking to grow our team, if you think you can contribute to our success by all means reach out to us.
- Revamped Help and Training: 5 minutes is all it takes to get started with Velixo – if you know Excel, you can do it! Even with this simplicity, our users appreciate comprehensive documentation and tutorials. Harry, our new Technical Content Manager, and Product Support Specialist, has spent a great deal of time improving and extending the content available on support.velixo.com. We also added an extensive set of video tutorials – the perfect way to welcome new users to the world of Velixo – that you can also find on our YouTube channel. If you haven’t subscribed to Velixo on YouTube, do it now — it’s free!
- Holiday Party: last but not least, we finished the year with a fantastic virtual holiday party. It was the perfect way to celebrate and end the year on a positive note. I’d like to express my gratefulness and appreciation to the Velixo team once again and I am looking forward to a fantastic 2021.
We will soon be announcing the general availability of Velixo 6, another significant milestone that will reinforce our position as the best Excel-based reporting solution for Acumatica, MYOB Advanced, and CEGID XRP Flex. Our team will start sharing more information in the coming days, but some of the enhancements of Velixo 6 will include:
- The ability to run financial reports for specific dates and dates ranges
- The ability to include unposted/unreleased transactions in reports
- Automatic hiding of zero rows/columns on refresh
- New report distribution capabilities including dynamic sheet generation
- Multiple new functions to facilitate dynamic reporting.
We are also getting ready to unveil our next-generation platform, the result of 2 years of research and development, that will bring Velixo to Excel for Mac and Excel Online, enabling you to build and refresh connected Excel reports on any platform and any device. Here’s a sneak peek:
Stay tuned, stay healthy, and stay safe. Happy New Year!